Research shows that having an additional caring adult in their life can dramatically increase positive emotional and academic outcomes for youth. That’s why, at Marathon, mentoring is at the heart of our success. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can tell a child is that you believe in them.
Become a Marathon Coach
Marathon Coaches are mentors who commit to supporting a student for at least 4 years as they prepare for and head off to college. A Marathon coach can be matched with a Scholar of any age.
- Create access!
- Take the lead in supporting a young person through an ongoing, one-on-one relationship
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Build a relationship through consistent, long-term communication
- See their Scholar in person every month
- Communicate with their Scholar regularly by phone, mail, e-mail
Do you want to know more about possibly becoming a mentor? Use the form below to submit your questions or concerns. Staff can meet with you in person as well to ensure this is the right commitment for you.